That song is going around and around in my head now..
Disney bought LucasFilm did they? They’ll ruin Star Wars will they? Doubt that. Even fans consider the prequels a low point and I’ve never been a fan of the series myself so this Star Wars Titanic parody made me chuckle.
SMBC posted this on the facebook page: “Worrying that Disney will ruin Star Wars is like worrying that a second iceberg will dive down to hit the Titanic.”
Star Trek all the way. Fight! (via)
My 5yro son loves Star Wars and he loves that song. I think he’ll love this video.
Happy birthday Star Wars! Apparently you’re 35 today! I’m not a fan of you though. I only saw this scene in French while I was an exchange student in the town of Morlaix in Brittany many years ago and other films I saw in English had such wooden acting I had to stop watching. My son is a fan though but only from the Lego games. In a bizarre twist, he knows the main characters yet hasn’t seen the movies.
Even though I never saw this scene in English I still thought the quote from this scene was, “Luke, I am Your Father”. It’s so famous, it’s listed on this page of misquotations!
Lots of mattresses too. Love that. Comfy. (via)
(Thanks C_64 for tweeting about the birthday!)
When nobody on the subway gives an old man their seat … (via)
I think this game is the reason I bought a joystick for my PC. I still have that joystick (or maybe it’s the second one I bought) up in the attic but I haven’t used it this century yet and I don’t have a PC with a joystick port/parallel port any more! Remember the joys of calibrating your device so your game was simply playable? You young ‘uns with your Xbox 360 controllers have it easy these days! I never understood why joysticks had to be so fiddly on PC when they just worked on the 8 and 16 bit machines.
This game ran in 320×200 pixels and 256 colours. I do remember when that was and impressive screen resolution. (via)
Enjoy Conor, I know you will! (via)
Confusion reigns again. As promised yesterday, today is Wednesday’s Links! I really gotta get that plugin written so it’ll create these titles automatically. Happy Thanksgiving to all my US visitors!
- Automattc Projects lists most of the commercial and GPLed projects Automattic has worked on. I’ll be looking at the secure admin plugin later. Should be useful for WordPress MU installs.
- Lorelle reports on a new form of spamming and copyright theft called spinning. There are pay-for online services out there that generate nonsense content that search engines think is English, but is really fragments of content taken from other sites with words replaced to avoid the duplicate penalty. If you find someone scraping and stealing your content, you can get your own back on them. If they use Adsense, Daily Blog Tips recommends that you report them for copyright theft. Hopefully the thief will have their Adsense account suspended. Excellent idea.
- George Barr has a great post on camera design. I love his opening paragraph.
Someone sent me a joke the other day – one of those, “how come” type – one line of which was “how come they put a man on the moon before they put wheels on luggage?”
- Preventing ad blindness from DBT again. Useful ideas if you have advertising on your blog.
- Pop culture will eat itself – what a great capture!
- Happy Blog Birthday to Dave. 10 years young!
- Everyone eats right? Even the cloned Storm Troopers in Star Wars needed somewhere to sit down and eat. Here’s what happens when Darth Vadar wandered down to the canteen. Via Emmet.
A recent comment urged the boycotting of Ewan McGregor on the grounds that he has insulted Star Wars fans. I don’t know what he did to make them mad but I think Star Wars should be boycotted on the premise that they were crap films and the sooner the whole merchandising juggernaut disappears the better. Even Grandad thinks they’re rather strange. How long is your lightsaber Grandad?
‘Course I’m probably alone in thinking this but I should start an online petiton. Who’ll sign?
PS. Only joking Conor, about the boycott part anyway!