WP Super Cache 1.0 came out several months ago and while it worked fine for most people there’s always room for improvement and bug fixes. Here are some of the bug fixes and improvements coming in the next version which I plan on releasing next week.
There are a lot of changes there so if you have a self hosted blog I would really appreciate if you download the development version, wp-super-cache.zip and install it in your plugins folder.
- Use $_SERVER[ 'SERVER_NAME' ] to create cache directories.
- Only create blogs cached directories if valid requests and blogs exist.
- Only clear current blog’s cache files if navigation menu is modified
- Added clean_post_cache action to clear cache on post actions
- Removed garbage collection details on Contents tab
- Added wp_cache_check_mobile cacheaction filter to shortcircuit mobile device check.
- Don’t delete cache files for draft posts
- Added action on wp_trash_post to clear the cache when trashed posts are deleted
- Show a warning when 304 browser caching is disabled (because mod_rewrite caching is on)
- New check for safe mode if using less that PHP 5.3.0
- Added wp_supercache_remove_cookies filter to disable anonymous browsing mode.
- Fixed garbage collection schedule dropdown
- Fixed preload problem clearing site’s cache on “page on front” sites.
- Fix for PHP variable not defined warnings
- Fixed problem refreshing cache when comments made as siteurl() sometimes didn’t work
- Preloading of taxonomies is now optional
- Domain mapping fixes.
- Better support for https sites. Remove https:// to get cache paths.
- Added AddDefaultCharset .htaccess rule back in and added an option to remove it if required.
- Added multisite plugin that adds a “Cached” column to Network->Sites to disable caching on a per site basis.
- Added WPTouch plugin to modify browser and prefix list in mobile detection code. Added support for that plugin’s exclude list.
- Fixed cache tester
- Filter the tags that are used to detect end-of-page using the wp_cache_eof_tags filter.
"Super Cache for the Weekend",
You might also like