WordPress MU 2.6 beta 1 is now available. WordPress 2.6 is due for release shortly and it’s already on it’s third beta so it’s times for WordPress MU to be updated.
This release has many new features as well as a few security fixes. In his beta 1, beta 2 and beta 3 posts Ryan listed some of the main features, including post revisioning, gears support for faster loading, theme previews, better SSL support and much much more.
WordPress MU specific changes include:
- The version number is being bumped to 2.6 rather than 1.6 because of version confusion. Minor MU versions will probably append a letter to the version.
- Signup page now has a nonce to help defeat spammers.
- Plugins in wp-content/plugins/ are version checked like in WordPress. mu-plugins isn’t covered just yet.
- Major object cache changes.
- And many more bug fixes. Check the timeline for a list of changes.
You might also like