If you’re not Irish or living in Ireland, can you name an Irish blogger that you read on a regular basis? (Besides me of course!) And more importantly, why? Is it because of their niche, or is it their witty and insightful commentary?
I ask this because Kathy Foley blasted Irish blogger Twenty Major’s new book and proceeded to question whether the Irish blogosphere had anything to offer the world. Has the land of saints and scholars become a land of consumers without giving anything worthwhile back?
I haven’t read Twenty’s book so I can’t comment on that but I do not agree with her assertions regarding the Irish blogosphere. If you’d like to find out for yourself, here’s an easy way to immerse yourself:
- The Technorati top 100 Irish blogs as maintained by Justin Mason.
- Irishblogs.ie aggregates almost all the Irish bloggers out there.
- Gastronom.ie is a food blog aggregator for all you foody types.
- The Irish Blog Awards blog links to all the nominated blogs and winners each year.
- And finally for the photographers there’s Pix.ie’s explore page and of course the Ireland and irishblogs tags on Flickr.
You might also like