Ray D’Arcy is worried. Since becoming a dad he hasn’t danced much. The Today FM Christmas party is tomorrow night and he thinks he’ll embarrass himself dancing. He’ll do the dreaded “Dad Dance”! Judge for yourself by watching the video below.
Another video, shot by Jenny at home is here. He’s getting help!
You probably remember the Web 2.0 bubble video that did the rounds recently. Funny wasn’t it? Unfortunately the authors of that video never asked for permission to use many of the photos featured in it. Jim asks if that was fair? Lane Hartwell is one of those photographers. She wrote of her frustration with people stealing her work. The video is viral in nature, and features the website of the creators at the end so it’s got commercial value for them.
Unfortunately the video is not available any more. Doesn’t that suck? If only they had respected the rights of the photographers involved.
- I finally upgraded Blogs.linux.ie to the very latest WordPress MU, with caching by WP Super Cache. The version that was on there was so old the table names still used blognames, rather than blog_ids. A small shell script I wrote and a database backup made it easy to script the upgrade. Registration is disabled for the moment, and email me if you have problems logging in. On another note, if you use Tribby Board, add a few indexes to the board table. That app dragged the whole of linux.ie down with all the spam that was going into it.
- Movabletype went GPL yesterday! That’s great news for the MT community!
- Did you know that RTE Radio 1 is for sale? Going cheap at a 1 Euro. (via Kae)
- Oh oh. mbr love note. Thanks nikolay!
- The WordPress Podcast gave my super cache plugin a glowing review. Charles did murder my surname, but I’ll forgive him. Must put an mp3 of me saying my name on the about page or something.
- Two amazing photos from flak photo: Moving—Eric and Many Shades of Pink