What’s the big deal about blogs? Haydn rang me this morning because he’s doing research on blogs and I remembered Joseph mentioned this video on IRC. This is a reminder from the Common Craft folk that not everyone knows what a blog is, or why they’re a great communication tool.
If you’re reading this and thinking about setting up your own website, watch this short three minute video and you may well decide to start a blog. Nice to see WordPress.com get a mention too!
Wacky Waiters was one of the first games I played on the Commodore Vic-20. Hands up if you ever played it? No. I’m not surprised. I’m sure there are people reading this post that were born after it was released in 1982 ..
- John Breslin lists some of the Web 2.0 Corkonians! I wouldn’t go so far as to say I cofounded Automattic, I was the first employee though!
- The old and new testaments compared.
- Treasa’s amazing photo of a kite surfer flying over her head.
- Walter announced Self Notes, an online note taker. Here’s my obligatory Hello World message.
- Haydn wonders who has time to explore social software like Facebook.
- I went down to the gallery in Kinsale recently and signed a few more prints there. It’s wonderful what time away from the prints does. I get a whole new perspective and appreciation for them all over again. They look wonderful! (even if I do say so myself!)
- Asok died but they brought him back. Good thing he studied shape shifting ..
- How to create your own planet with the GIMP or Photoshop. (via DSLR Blog)
- The days are getting shorter as Winter sets in. Here’s some interesting ways to use shadows. That inspired me yesterday to take a couple of unusual shots.
- Acquia is a new startup focusing on Drupal development. Another GPL project gets corporate support. Great! Good luck with the venture.