One of the really useful features of Firefox in the past was the ability to click the middle mouse button anywhere on a browser page and have the URL in the clipboard load in that window. For some reason it stopped working some time back and I don’t know why. Here’s how to enable it again if your Firefox has stopped obeying your middle finger.
- Open “about:config” in a new browser tab or window.
- Search for “middlemouse” and find “middlemouse.contentLoadURL”. Set it to true if it’s false.
- If that preference isn’t there, create a new one by right clicking and creating a new boolean value. Type “middlemouse.contentLoadURL” into the box and press return.
- A new value, set to true by default, will be created.
- Now try copying a URL and middle-clicking it anywhere on this page. Try http://ocaoimh.ie/ for good luck!
"Middle click your urls again in Firefox 2",
You might also like