- Anthony found Pixar’s new short cartoon, Lifted. It’s quite fun!
- I’m amazed that Drogheda Library wouldn’t let a student charge his laptop. “Doing a ryanair on it” alright!
- Kathy Foley’s festival of mud and horrors tries to understand the fuss over Oxegen. I stay well clear of RTE these days so I missed the hype, but I have to agree with her about the mud .. WHY?
- Justin wants the vigilantes to stop polluting the phisher’s sites. It makes it harder for investigators to find the real victims.
- Granny Mar posted a few days ago about July 12th in the North. That’s one hell of a tall pile of tires! Can you imagine the black oily smoke off that heap of rubber? Her daughter Elly was in touch asking if someone could help move her mom’s blog from Blogspot to a shiny new WordPress install. I have my hands full but perhaps some kind soul could get in touch, please?
- Paul is plugging new “Internet nanny” service Glubble. The Techcrunch write up is fairly positive, but I can just see Adam with a Linux boot disk in a couple of year’s time bypassing all my carefully constructed whitelists to check out the dark side.
- My Harry Potter post is getting an insane number of hits today. Looks like lots of people looking for the online version!
- Finally, it’s not Irish news, but Joseph has blogged about the WordPress.com and Facebook integration! Barry blogged about keeping track of the 300 servers Automattic use, and I have to add that if you use any of the premium products on WordPress.com you might see a renewal notice in your Dashboard when your subscription runs out…
I did the online check-in thing this morning and I have an aisle seat. Mark is sitting across the aisle so we both have room to sort-of stretch our legs on the long journey to San Francisco tomorrow!
PS. so nobody wants WordPress stickers? Read my WordCamp post below to find out how you might be able to get a few ..
You might also like